strikemaster

Hi fellow flyers.

Great reading from these posts...good way to learn I recon. Well I come from Birregurre (near colac) in the south west Victoria. Learnt to fly GA in '85 and did a few years in gliders between 94 and 2000. As fly both these types began to get out of the average income earners reach at the turn of the century, I converted to ultralights in 2000, and never looked back. I do mess gliding alot which IMO is the ultimate in wings, but I now get much more bang for my buck. I currantly fly a SV11 Farmate which is for sale in order to make hanger space for a Karatoo J6. I am blessed with my own hanger and strip at my back door which is a great saving in time and traveling as well as money.

Looking forward to many more great reads here.

Hi strikemaster,

Did a lot of gliding myself in an earlier lifetime, seems a pity to self the Farmate as it would have a reasonable glide with the motor off. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Just need to be sure it will restart when/if you need it! ;)

Arthur.

Yes Arthur, it sure is a pity to sell the farmate...I just love to fly it. Unfortunately it is a single seater with barely enough room for a spare bottle of drink, let alone a dog and a tent lol, and I am ready to head outback for awhile, so I do need room for supplies. Can't wait! keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif