Help needed Worlds first Open Source manned aircraft

Tony2

Worlds first Open Source manned aircraft. Through the generosity of the family of the late Charles Ligeti, and the active contribution of his son Ron, an accomplished aeronautical engineer, the Ligeti Stratos has been made available as what is hoped to be the first of a complete line of Open Source aircraft.

The Ligeti Stratos, a strikingly beautiful joined-wing microlight which cruises at 112 kts on 1.3 gph was originally designed and flown 20 years ago in Australia

Ligeti Stratos: World's first open source aircraft

radioactive.gif.1acc918ae505c8835a1c29d9312871c0.gif Here is a chance for People with technical ability to change aviation, there will also be a 2 seat version . Great concept Open Source

Go to the contact on the web page

• 1 year later...
Guest paddo2002

Hi Tony,

I followed the link in your original post. It is a cool idea and website and I realise I am a little late on the scene, but is there any more progress to the Ligeti?

Regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick

I have not found any updates, I think anyone with qualifications would be welcomed to share the load and get things moving the open source is such a good idea and with its low drag I can see a few tiny jets installed like the ones on the jet cri cri .

Here is another stalled project well the plane it self does not stall that is main feature and a price of $100 for plans , what a great way to get into aviation

http://www.spratt103.com/spratt103_english/welcome.htm

and Merry Xmas

Guest paddo2002

Hi Tony,

Merry Christmas too. I am familiar with the Spratt. Being a Flying Flea person, the live wing is always something of interest.

I was trying to make contact with anyone who can show me exactly how far the project has got. I am aware that the S1 is at Holbrook, but that is about all I know.

Would be good if we could get this going again. How far did Ron get with the drawings?

Cheers and thanks

Patrick