Jabiru Rumor

If he could get Kawasaki on board as a small aircraft engine manufacturer then I dare say that Rotx should watch their back when it comes to replacing the discontinued Rotax 2 strokes.

I know where jet skis are concerned, Kawasaki were one of my picks, particularly with their track record and reliability.

If he could get Kawasaki on board as a small aircraft engine manufacturer then I dare say that Rotx should watch their back when it comes to replacing the discontinued Rotax 2 strokes. I know where jet skis are concerned, Kawasaki were one of my picks, particularly with their track record and reliability.

I've given many a Kawasaki hell over the years and they just keep coming back for more.

Could you imaging if a Japanese manufacture came on board with a four stroke four cylinder like the 912. 5000 hours then you need to inspect the air filter lol, maybe not but I recon they would give the traditional aero manufactures a rude wake up when they instanly became half as good as the competition.

Yep, and let's face it - as far as R&D is concerned, they would already have everything they need to make a successful entrance into the light aircraft market, particularly at the lower end, such as the 503 / 582 type replacement.

There couldn't be much adjustment required, surely.

Guest Maj Millard

Flew with the Kawisaki 440 in a Flightstar once and was quite impressed with the power it put out, compared to the size of the engine. Bit like a 503 really. The kawisakis had chrome cylinders also, so you would probabily not wear them out.

The folks at Jab need to look at the Hirth 2 cyl boxer opposed, if they want to smooth things out.

Both cylinders firing on the out stroke, with timing staggered 10 deg to smooth out the firing pulse

Guest ozzie

There are a lot a similarities between the Kawasaki and the Fuji Robyn 440 engines. i never had a mechcanical failure with a Robyn and would expect the same with the Kawasaki, Fuji offered to build a ultralight version of the 440 when we spoke to them at the Agquip show one year. dual ign and such but they wanted an order of a thousand and a 10 month pay up front lead time. They should have done it themselves as rotax wasn't making UL engines then, might be a different game now if they did.

During the seventies i had the entire range of two stroke tripples at one stage. wish i kept them be worth a fortune now.

Ozzie

There are a lot a similarities between the Kawasaki and the Fuji Robyn 440 engines. i never had a mechcanical failure with a Robyn and would expect the same with the Kawasaki, Fuji offered to build a ultralight version of the 440 when we spoke to them at the Agquip show one year. dual ign and such but they wanted an order of a thousand and a 10 month pay up front lead time. They should have done it themselves as rotax wasn't making UL engines then, might be a different game now if they did.During the seventies i had the entire range of two stroke tripples at one stage. wish i kept them be worth a fortune now.

Ozzie

A bloke I went riding with about 6 months ago had a water bottle that was in perfect as new condition. He said he gets massive offers for it all the time. The thing looks standard on the out side but underneath its had a full port job and gives all the new bikes a run.

Guest ozzie

The 750 suzuki water cooled two stroke was a nice bike to cruise on quiet clean and had a bit of ground clearance. real classic. remember the rotary hey had all worth a mint now.

If you want a small motor that will scare your knickers off try the Suzuki 750 Turbo. My Brother still has the 70's beast as a collectors item and boy does it go.102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

The old straight six 1.3 litre was the same till they were banned from Import. The japs have small motors down pat and would love them to enter the aircraft market.

Gibbo

The 750 suzuki water cooled two stroke was a nice bike to cruise on quiet clean and had a bit of ground clearance. real classic. remember the rotary hey had all worth a mint now.

yeah, the RE5 was a cool bike. I love Wankel rotarys, would love to see more of them in aircraft.