device that can see other aircraft

Is there a electronic device that picks up planes.If you are out the middle state somewere it would be safer to have a device to see other aircraft.

I have only done 5 hours but I like to know were others are

Guest Brett Campany

The transponder and other aircraft TCAS does all of that. You can actually buy a small TCAS unit for small aircraft but I think they're a bit expensive. As long as you're always squwaking 1200 on your transponder you should have radar coverage pending on where you are of course.

Zaon Flight Systems - Home

I have the XRX and it's very good. Discussions for an agaisnt have been done to death here and on pprune.

Could I live without it? Yes, it does not replace a good lookout and radio use.

Do I want to live without it? No it is a valuable tool in avoiding collisions and any significant aid is worth the price to me

It relys on all aircraft having their transponders turned on and within interrogation range of a radar facility. You need to check your environment suits

Well, I know the gliders that I fly have a thing called a FLARM installed in them. I believe for them to work though, the other aircraft also have to have one installed. They sure go crazy then thermalling with another glider :( Oh, and i had it go off on aerotow aswell =\ But anyway, I dont think that would solve the problem, but I thought Id throw it out there.