Water Everywhere

JG3

Guest Maj Millard

Great shots, that water looks great, I'm flying West next week, might see some myself.......................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Have a great flight Maj!

I didn't go as far as Birdsville, but there was a notice at Thargomindah that there is no avgas at Birdsville until further notice. If you have a jerry can, there's a servo usually with both premium and ULP just across the road.

One other tip, take a mossie net as well as a tent. My little tent has some mesh both sides, but was still stifling in that heat. Next time I would just drape a net under the wing so that air circulation would be better.

JohnG

Great pictures and writing as always John.

Down here in Northern Victoria we place a lot of hope that the evaporation from Lake Eyre will bring us rains through the year.

Where were your fellow two travellers? Thought you three were a team.

Thanks for the story.

Mark D

That was a last minute decision trip when I saw the weather pattern break just right - got two days of tailwinds! No one else could change their other commitments that quick.

Besides, I really prefer to travel alone, then I can change my mind at any instant without having to consult and negotiate (same reason I'm single again at this stage of life......

JohnG

Guest Maj Millard

Just going out on my once or twice yearly Storch check and service run. I do it the easy way , from one station to another. That way all I have to worry about is all that fine beef I have to eat, and all the beer afterwards.

Do get to fly over some certified mongrel country in places, and it is character building..........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 1 month later...