RA-AUS XC Exam

Hi yall

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on passing the RA AUS XC exam well, and how hard or easy it is compared to the PPL(Which im doing in a month and a half).

I had a good comeback today after my hopeless Nav last week, and i will be sent solo on saturday weather permitting:thumb_up:

Cheers

....and depending on you passing the exam too hey??...

anyway, exam's pretty straight forward, make sure you can read wx reports, study up on onshore offshore breazes, katabatic and anabatic winds, cloud types.. And make sure ya have the flightplanning thing down pat, ie, drawing and measuring tracks, allowing for drift etc..

good luck

I did my XC prac and theory exam today and Motza is on the money with everything he has suggested. I'd also study up on your air law, VFR flight levels, minimum conditions etc and also your entry into CTAF areas and radio procedures, restricted areas etc.

I found it a more practical (compared with the others) exam with not so many trick questions. Happy studies and good luck!

Relfy

Oh, passed both too! :thumb_up:

Thanks guys..

And congrats Relfy on the tests..

Im pretty amped about getting it all knocked over...I had to have a two month break from flying because of work commitments, and its nice to be back up there again.Hopefully all going well, i will have my PPL by mid-late May.

Cheers

Simon