Clarification on xcountry endorsement hours

Bidgee

I know this has been adressed to some degree before but can somebody clarify the "10hr" min time for the XC endorsement. Does this mean 8 dual and 2 solo or 10 dual and 2 solo? I've read the regs and I'm still not sure.

Thanks

Scott

Good question - I'm also confused 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif.

In s2.07 of the Ops Manual, for the Pilot Certificate, it makes it clear that it's 20 hours, including five as PIC.

But for the CC endorsement, it says 10 hours training and 2 hours solo - so that would imply 12 hours I guess ...

I'm sure someone will know the answer :big_grin:

Guest Crezzi
But for the CC endorsement, it says 10 hours training and 2 hours solo - so that would imply 12 hours I guess ...

Training doesn't necessarily have to be dual-training so 2 hours of solo xc counts towards the 10 hour minimum AFAIK.

Cheers

John

Did this recently under the new 10hr rule. 10hrs minimum total time (dual and solo) before Xc endorsement. (I believe the dual/solo time mix is up to your instructor)

Cheers

Maynard

Guest basscheffers

8+2 minimum is what I understand. Although I am going for 5.9+4.1, with the last 2.1 to be flown on Saturday. I'll still need .6 solo time for PAX also.

I'll probably also do another hour or two dual revision and cleaning up my landings (especially x-wind) and then I should be good to go for one big checkride and to get the cert+PAX+XC. :D

Now just need to figure out exactly which exams I still need and study for them. I think its just radio, HF and XC.

If you look like being short of your 10 hrs PIC, (for pax carrying), and you are about to do your navexs - it makes sense to do a longer solo navex if that might get you up to 10. Depends on how your CFI sees it tho'

For those of you considering a future shift over to PPL - it makes sense to check that the RAA navex's you do will be acceptable as Nav 1, Nav 2, and Nav 3 equivalents for PPL nav. Easy if you're at a joint GA/RAA school.

happy days,

Guest basscheffers

Well, I wanted to do some area work (steeps, stalls, forceds, etc.) anyway before the test, so that would make it up. .6 to go now.

Actually, I'll also do another short dual CTA training flight and do CTA during my checkride, so I can have that box ticked off as well for when it gets activated. (will I make history by being the first to do Cert, PAX, XC AND CTA in the same checkride?)

But before I can take the checkride, one of the SIs has to be made CFI, as with the current CFI and me in the plane, the Sporty ain't no Ultralight anymore! That should be done on Saturday...

Guest Brett Campany
If you look like being short of your 10 hrs PIC, (for pax carrying), and you are about to do your navexs - it makes sense to do a longer solo navex if that might get you up to 10. Depends on how your CFI sees it tho'For those of you considering a future shift over to PPL - it makes sense to check that the RAA navex's you do will be acceptable as Nav 1, Nav 2, and Nav 3 equivalents for PPL nav. Easy if you're at a joint GA/RAA school.

happy days,

I'll remember that one!