Central Queensland weather patterns

Gibbo

Guys (and Girls),

I am heading towards Emerald and the outskirts of Rocky nest week and have one quicky question..

How much is the weather currently being affected by the Cyclone sitting out near the Coral sea. I am meant to be up there next week running a couple of agricultural feild days and have never visted the 'coastal center' while one of these events is occuring. IE. is it still flyable in VFR.

Gibbo

Hi Gibbo,

Was speaking to the sister in law last night who lives at Rubyvale and she said they had short showers all day until the wind got up, strong enough to blow washing off the line.

Rubyvale = 29.6 degrees C,5mm rain today,wind NEE @15kts,1019hPa.

Bob.

Guys (and Girls),I am heading towards Emerald and the outskirts of Rocky nest week and have one quicky question..

How much is the weather currently being affected by the Cyclone sitting out near the Coral sea. I am meant to be up there next week running a couple of agricultural feild days and have never visted the 'coastal center' while one of these events is occuring. IE. is it still flyable in VFR.

Gibbo

Hi Gibbo,

Weather here in Clermont (100k's NW of Emerald) is fine, no cloud with slight winds and is forecast to be the same for the next few days.(that's what they say!!)

Cheers,

Phil

Guest hatrack

CQ weather

10 - 15 knots today at Moranbah. During Cyclone Hamish the other day, wind out here was quite flyable, rarely over 15 knots. You'll be right.

Guest watto

A little blowy at Miriam vale but clear skys and she is blowing straight down the strip at Rodds Bay this morning so even better for a nice slow landing.

Watto

Well lets see how it goes getting to nice sunny queensland over the weekend and then spending easter crossing the Simpson.

Work travel is a bugger at times. ;)

Look out for the tooradin 170, the pilots going to be very tired after 11 hours squeezed into a Jab.

Gibbo

Guest Maj Millard

Gibbo, I was out bush last week for four days. Lovely mornings with a hint of getting cooler. Bit blowy middle of the day but nothing you can't handle, and just lovely after 3pm. We did have one big dusty blow come through late one afternoon, kicked up by an overhead storm, so watch out for those.........................enjoy your run........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif