XC done!And on we go

Hi Yall..

I had my XC exam yesterday, and now have a pilot cert with HF,HP,NW,PAX and XC.Total flying time is 52.2 hours around 15 of which are solo.

I cant tell you the feeling of accomplishment i feel today considering that on september 17th last year, i had never touched the controls of any aircraft...Ever!I kinda feel like giving an oscars style speech thanking my mum and stuff,maybe turning on the tears, but il do my best not to!

I have about a week off, then i move into a piper to do my GFPT(i have already sat and passed the theory exam).I have scheduled three days of intensive flying to get that locked away(where i train they pretty much do the GA flying syllabus in the tecnam, so it is mostly just getting used to the piper that will be the issue), then i sit the prac test the following week after Easter.

As soon as thats done, im onto the PPL(theory and prac) in a Cessna 172, and do a few trips in and out of controlled airspace and the like, and then after that, into my RA instructor rating.

Of course i need to fit all this around other work committment and some semblance of a personal life, but as i am on the way to CPL i feel like i need to keep moving with it all so i dont get bogged down(at least until i run out of cash or stuff to sell to pay for air time!).The eight subjects of theory will most probably be the biggest slog, but well see how we go..

The most exciting thing to me however is that i can go grab a plane and a mate, and head off pretty much anywhere in Aus, and even if i go no further in my studies, thats a pretty massive and rare achievement, that im sure many of you out there would understand having done it yourselves.

Wooo hooo

:thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

Guest Mad Dave

Nice one,

I don't think you will have any dramas going from the Tecnam to a Piper or Cessna, just remember they are twice as heavy, and twice the inertia, just takes a bit more effort on the controls.

Good Luck.

Dave

Guest Brett Campany

Nice work mate, you must be stoked!! I'm hanging out for that day so I'm rather envious of you!