Just Landed

Hi Folks,

I have just joined; I have had a long interest in Ultralights and minimum aircraft and recently decided I needed to get legal to fly these machines.

I am one of those GA pilots, been flying since I was 17 years old and that was a long time ago. My favourites are taildraggers and I am endorsed on Citabria (real fun to fly), C180 (nice aeroplane), C185 (real balls on two wheels) and Auster J1B (real handful in a crosswind).

Back in the 80s I met a real nice old guy by the name of Frank Bailey, some of you may know him, he was an associate of Steve Cohen at the time. Frank designed a minimum aircraft called the Mustang and I spent many hours flying it out of the old Mittagong airstrip. Later I spent quite a few hours flying a drifter. Does anyone know what happenned to Frank? He would possibly be in his late 70s by now. Are there any Mustangs still flying? I am actually looking for a real minimum aircraft like a Mustang for my rural property at Ingleba near Walcha.

The problem was I was technically never legal even though GA endorsed for tail wheel, CSU, retractable and aerobatics. Since I want to get back into recreational aircraft I thought it time to really get involved and do whatever is involved in a conversion.

So here is to meeting a few of you over the next few years.

David

Welcome David,

Sounds like you are well experienced eh. I saw a Mustang the other day in a hangar at Northam in WA. I'm keen on the rag and tube myself but favour the Thruster or Drifter style.

Cheers, Pud