introducing my self

Guest travis

Guest travis

hi every one , my name is travis . i own and fly an air born edge x trike and am nearly finished recreational licence and am looking at cetting my self a recreational plane some time in the near future ....

Guest travis

what sort off plane

hi sky dog , yea good question , not real shore what i want at the moment . looking for something to mainly travel approx 600 nm trips but could also do a bit or even a lot of musstering . i was keen on a jabiru 160 170 but have been talked out off them by a couple off older fellas that fly nearly every day . i think the tecnam or euro fox , foxbat are great but a bit pricey , i have been looking at the foxcon terrier but cant seem to find any one who nows much about them . so yea thats about were im at at the moment . i have a mate with a savanah and have heard a lot off good reports about them but i was thinking maybe a bit slow for the longer trips but some times that bit off extre speed can crusefie other things . maybe you can give me some advice or recomendation as it looks like you have some nice ones your self .

Travis

Look up the members Keith Page or Tangocharlie 123 on this website in the members list

They are building terriers and could give you lots of advice I am sure.

A lot of planes will have 600 NM range all you need is a plane with tanks and fuel for 4-1/2 hours at 100 knts.

Sounds like you need an all rounder and the SaAvannah might just do that list of jobs but yes it is a bit slow.

Something like a piper cub or Tripacer might be a good option to buy outright rather than build.100 KTS and put them down anywhere plus fly slow enough for mustering.

Cessna 150?

Grumman AA1B?

Storch

old 172?

Good fun looking and working out what to fly though

Cheers.

Guest travis

thanks

hi again and thanks for that , i have heard the piper cub are a good thing , and yeawas meaning more a bit off speed for the long trips more so than fuel . thanks a lot for your help and will try have a chat wth thoes guys about the terrier

Hi Travis and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif,

It looks like you have a "Recreational Plane" already, but if you want a "Real Recreational Plane",get yourself a "Drifter". ;)

Cheers,

Frank.