Just Landed

arcticserv

Hi all, great to see another forum up and running.

I find that many people on forums are very helpful to those learning and needing help, and glad to see that this is the case here as well.

I am based at Kyabram Victoria and mainly fly Technams out of Shepparton, I have about 250hrs up to date spread over a 10 yr period.

I gained my license i a drifter and then owned a Skyfox for 5 yrs and have flown technams for the last 2 years.

I am currently scratch building a 82% P51-D all metal 2 seat version, powered by a LS2 alluminium v8.

Have been working on this for 3 yrs now and only have the outer wings built, but have completed a lot of the drawings so its moving slow but it is moving.

Arcticserv

G'day and Welcome Arcticserv...:thumb_up:

Yep, this is probably the best recreationalflying forum there is around, and it's a pleasure to be a part of I can tell you...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Ask away, join in on conversations, but most of all have Fun and fly safe:thumb_up:

Like you, I'm learning in a Drifter, and am having a ball, great fun of an aircraft:big_grin:

Cheers,

Ps. and one thing you'll notice about this forum is that, you'll get an answer very promptly:clap:

Tomo, we should make you the official 'site welcomer' as you beat us all almost every time. Good onya.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Arcticserv. I'm sure you're not a cold as your 'name' implies although that might be an advantage when some of us old farts get hot under the collar. You'll find hot and coldly calculated discussion here so sit back a bit and enjoy the show, just don't forget to make your entrances on time. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

BTW, when were you there.....the arctic?

G'day articserv - welcome. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif The way things are going, Kyabram (Echuca, Tongala and Shepparton) just might end up as the RAA capital of the country! :thumb_up:

Lots of people live and fly in your/our area (I'm Echuca based). I know of 5 Savanahs, 7 Jabiru's, 1 sapphire, 4 Tecnams, 1 sabre, 2 GT 500's and a Zodiac 601, all within 30 minutes of each other. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

And there just the ones I know of. :big_grin::big_grin:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Hi There and welcome..

Good place to fly up at Shep.Who is/was your instructor?Nathan,Sue, Harry or Chris?

Ive flown a bit with all but Harry, and its a great school in my opinion.Im currently doing a conversion on the Archer up there, and have done a lot of my earlier training at Locksley.

Ive noticed a couple of interesting builds going on up there..That wasnt you doing the test on the ground roll with harry on easter friday was it?I cant remember what the plane was exactly, but it was a beauty..

**Big Pete** i think you could be right about the north central being the RAA capital.Wherever i have flown up there it seems every second plane is Tecnam this or Jabiru that, and it seems to be steadily building in numbers as well...

Cheers:thumb_up:

Thanks for the warm g'days, Arctic Refrigeration services is my company hence the name.

I did my original time at mangalore under Ray Hill and then refreshers with Nathan and Tristan at Shepp.

Your right Nathan and sue and harry are great to fly under and are excellent teacher's, they are a credit to the sport.

talk soon

Shane