Geelong and district newcomer

Goodflight

Hello to all. Arrived Point lonsdale (Bellarine Peninsula, near Geelong ) in April 08 and commenced a full update of a 20 year old house which is nearly complete. Overhead activity has re-stimulated an interest in flying. Trikes, powered chutes, tiger moths, stearmans, cessna's etc all have me looking up as they pass and a visit to the recent Avalon Airshow was a powerful experience. The display by the Geelong Sports Aviators (who fly from Lethbridge) of homebuilt/historic aircraft was excellent.

My flying background is based around gliding at Albury Wodonga Gliding Club for 10 years at Barnawartha North (now amalgamated with Albury Corowa Gliding ) Winch launching was the main launch method and gliders flown included Blanik, IS 28 , Pilatus B4, Mosquito, Cirrus. Gliding is great but requires a fairly large time committment and ultralight activity seems attractive at this stage. A mate is interested in model flying. I havn't made contact with anyone in ultralighting on the Bellarine Peninsula and thought joining this site looked very interesting. John G

G`Day John G and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif,You are correct in assuming that it is attractive.

When I started flying 25 years ago,we called it Ultralight flying, now it`s called Recreational Aviation,the aircraft have advanced dramatically and the privilages we have are far greater than they were then.

It realy is the way to go.

Cheers,

Frank.

Hi John, Welcome. You obviously enjoyed the GSA display and probably talked to some of the guys. Although I live the other side of Melb. I am proud to be a member of the Lethbridge crew because they are such a friendly and helpful bunch. Bruce Vickers is the CFI and with your background he would have you 'off and away with RAA' in no time. They have a sausage sizzle Sat lunch time. Why don't you pop out and say hello? 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi John

Barwon Head airport not far from you, I fly a trike from there, probably one of the trikes you see flying around your sky's. There is a range of aircraft here, trikes, gyro's, heli, ultralight and GA stuff... Drop by sometime, I think they do BBQ's most Sundays around lunchish or you can find out more info at Home Page

cheers

Mark