stupid, me or Avmap?

geoffreywh

Like a fool I went to update the software on my Avmap 4, Lovely, latest download from their website. Popped the card in the reader and transferred the files. Put the card back in the Avmap and I get "Device not present, please verify". The message according to the manual means there is no card present. Stupid electronics! Of course there bloody well is! Even if I had buggered the card up somehow it should give me a message about faulty card. Not "there is no card present...god I hate computer things..great while they work...Can anybody help?.......................Please....G

I should not play with things I don't really understand.G

And how will you ever understand it if you don't first play with it? Just think, if you had that attitude before you started the upgrade, you would never have even done it. Now you've got an upgraded thing, plus a new found knowledge in this electronic gizmo...!

So I think you've done well:thumb_up::thumb_up:

Being a computer programmer I can tell you that 9 times it is the softwares fault. Putting the data in the wrong folder shouldn't have caused a message like that, it is worse than \ useless because it didn't tell you what the actual problem was. These days I try to say something like "The map data could not be found. Please ensure that it is in the \Maps folder." instead of "Read failure." I get programmers who still do the later, until I hit em over the head!

We do get the other side sometimes though. Like displaying a message such as "Please press the OK button to continue." and having users complain that they can't continue because of some error message (that reads "Please press the OK button to continue."). But, usually it is just crappy coding or design.