Yippee!!!

Going for a fly tomorrow...I have 2 days off so I called FlyCQ in the hope of riding to Emerald tomorrow and doing some lessons in their Thruster but they are booked out...damn...

So...I rang Horizon Air at Mackay Airport and am booked in at 8am tomorrow morning to go for a fly in their Gazellle...VH rego and $180 per hour plus GST !!!!????!!!! but hey I need to be up there and have not held the controls of an aircraft in almost 20 years...the last time was a Skyfox when they were a relatively new thing in Mount Isa. The instructor asked "Do you have any prior flying experience and I said "Well sort of..I have done a fair bit of flying but mostly I was too little to reach the rudder pedals so I don't think that really counts".

Can't wait!

Just need to be in the air...all this talk and no action is driving me INSANE!!!!:hittinghead:

Guest Brett Campany

You're a lucky bugger!! I've just had to cancel my first cross country flights due work and lack of cash.... could be another couple of weeks before I get back in the air!

Yes...Lucky...You know my Mrs has always encouraged me to fly...But the other day we were watching the movie "The Worlds Greatest Indian" and during the part Burt Munro talks about why he does what he does and he says "You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people live in a lifetime" and I said that is how I feel about flying so she turns to me and says "Darling...go and buy an aeroplane!" and she meant it!

I think she understands the idea that life is about passion and living every damn minute!

Now I just need to get more money...