vfr (day) booklet

Guest Decca

Guest Decca

Hi guys. Can anyone help please? I need to download the “vfr (day) booklet” (for ppl and cpl examinations).

Before you tell me it's available at pilot shops let me explain that when I went to a BAC favourite pilot shop at Moorabin for them, they said it was no longer available as a hard copy & had to be downloaded by individuals & FTF's. So I went to the CASA website (because the old copy given to me by BAC brazenly displays their logo on the cover) which said it was downloadable from the Airservices site.

But I can't find it anywhere!031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Thanks, Decca.

Guest Decca

Thanks Mr H, but no, as per the written word it's a 56 page (or thereabouts) publication written specially for ppl/cpl examinations, & supplied for same, with t/o, landing performance charts, weight & balance charts, nav calculations, etc etc. As opposed to the 10,356 page vfr guide.

Thanks mate, Decca.

Guest Decca

Hi Tony. Where were you when I was enjoying lunch with Keith (Tvaner) & better half at wings & fins on I think Easter Sunday?

Nope. It's definitely as per the title "VFR (DAY) BOOKLET (FOR PPL AND CPL EXAMINATIONS). It has charts in it for those sitting the ppl/cpl exams so they can answer specific exam questions. 58 or so pages incl "working pages".

Anyone who has sat I'm not sure BAK or PPL exam will know it. Brent C?

Decca.

Funny you should mention that. I was on my way back from Narromine, we had just come over the ranges and I could hear the circuit calls for Jabiru 4781 and I thought to myself, "I haven't heard that callsign at YTDN before, I wonder who it is". Then I spotted the photos of you and Adrian here on the forum and the penny dropped. By the time we got back on the ground you were gone. Bummer!

I've done more searching for the VFR (Day) Booklet and since realised that I was on the wrong tram. The closest I can get is : VFRDB VFR Day booklet - PILOTS - CASA Syllabus Publications - CASA Documemts

but I haven't found the site to download it from yet.

Guest cyrus

Hi man,

there are some vfr guide booklets available at air support shop in Archerfield, if you are still interested in purchasing the hard copy.

I guess that it can be sent to you.

Cheers

C

Guest Decca

Thanks Cyrus, I'll ask the Ballarat Aero Club on weekend & get back to you.

I should have thought unsold copies might be available.

On that point: Ian, does Clear Prop Shop have these available??

Thanks again Cyrus, Decca.

Guest Decca

Shoot! Sorry Tony I missed your post.

Also sorry Adrian & I missed you at TDN. It was a busy weekend. Which is why, I hope, our thread got a low priority compared to the Natfly thread. I'll check out your link & let you know.

Thanks Tony, Decca.

PS Have sent email to Concept Aviation Supplies asking if this publication still available.

OK, last try, this is the best I can do 8-)

It looks like you can buy it from AirServices, from their Online Store, which is probably what the person you spoke to meant.

Check this out : Airservices Australia - Online Store

But I'm blowed if I can find a downloadable copy.

Clear Prop Shop. Now there's a good idea.

Cheers,

Tony

Guest Decca

Yes me too Tony, but you & Cyrus pointed us in the right direction, and thanks to all other respondents, you all been a great help.

Regards, Decca.

Guest Decca

Thanks

Thanks guys. The VFR (DAY) BOOKLET is a 56page work-book to be used by students sitting the BAK & PPL exams, opposed to the DAY (VFR) SYLLABUS (now why would you have DAY & VFR around the other way???) which tells us in a lot of pages the things we need to know to sit & pass these exams. The visual flight rules guide is of course a 400-odd page tome which tells us about everything we need to know to fly safely.

The one I'm after is the first one, the vfr (day) booklet, which I understood was out of print, (dated version 2.2 Sep 1998), but still available as a download so that students still had a workbook of charts to help them pass their exams. Tracking down the older copies may be no good because they may be out of date.

Anyway, if you got this far, our CFI told me yesterday that he HAS downloaded a copy, and I'll let you know where to find it so we can all have a copy when I find out.

Thanks again, Decca.

Guest Decca

That's IT!

Thanks Ossie. Now if I had a scanner............

That link takes me to where I've been before too. Hopefully I've just been led astray & believed that the version you scanned (which is the same old v2.2, Sep1998 I mentioned previously) is still current & can be used in exams. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Regards, Decca.

Guest Decca

Well guys it seems I was led astray. As you can see in the above posts, there's not a lot of difference, and can be confusion between the titles:

VFR (DAY) BOOKLET,

DAY (VFR) SYLLABUS - AEROPLANES, and

Visual Flight Rules Guide.

Turns out that it's the SYLLABUS which will no longer be printed, & must be downloaded (not the work booklet as I was led to believe).

Ok am I forgiven?024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

For those who aren't sure what these publications are, they can be viewed at CASA.gov.au & click on publications or operations.

Regards, Decca.