Parachute Testpilot

Guest Maj Millard

Yes Ozzie the story of my life !! 20 practise jumps, 3 lost banners, exiting into driving snow at 8 grand, national TV coverage...and they wack on a damn ad !! Christ I even called my mum in Townsville and got her up at 8am to watch it......024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

WOW! Was that smoke coming off his burning feet or pyrotechnics when he landed...?

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif You certainly wouldn't want to hit a rock or something.......

What speed do you experts think he was actually coming in at?

I got clocked by radar at an airshow at Maitland 10 or 12 years ago.My speed at ground level was 76km/h.Another guy who was heavier than myself(therefore having a higher wing loading)was doing 87km/h.We were on 120sq ft canopies at the time and had used extreme turns at about 400' to gain the speed from the very rapid descent.This guy pretty well comes straight in but would have to be doing close to 100km/h by the look of it.

Guest ozzie

Who knows. but if you stepped out in front on him and he hit you, you would possibly be killed. it as happened before. that is just canned smok he is trailing.

Guest ozzie

Nova International (Downloads :: Videos)

check this site if you want to learn a little more about paragliding canopies. the 'dynamic decisions' video shows just what is involved in rating canopies and also shows how to correctly recover from serious situations. stunning locations. it's a big file but is also available on DVD.