New school, new instructor, new aircraft.... what an arvo!!

Guest Brett Campany

Guest Brett Campany

So my dilemma after last Sunday's nav in Bunbury was that Bunbury is a 2.5hr drive away from home. It's really taken a serious effect on my enjoyment of flying so after a lot of thought and discussions with the Minister of War and Finance, I was given approval to check out a school at Serpentine Airfield (YSEN) today after work. Ed Smith is the CFI there and I was very lucky enough to do a check flight with him in his Fly Synthesis Texan.

Can I just say..... What an amazing aircraft!!! It fly's so well, it's a dream in the cockpit where there is absolutely no vis restrictions what so ever and it handles so well!

I will miss flying with the guys at the Bunbury Flying School but I really need to think about distance and cost at the moment.

So it was up for the check flight, a few low level circuits, touch and go's, stalls and EFATO's when before I knew it, Ed was out and I was to have a jaunt on my own.

So I'll be completing my nav's and Pax endorsement with Ed which I'm really excited about!

No doubt in time, I'll get photos and some video to add to the collection so watch this space!

Hi Brett

I do one hours travel each way, and I could not do it if it was two and a half hours each way. But then if it was the closest school I guess I would, LOL.

It is good to see you more relaxed.

Good one Brett

I was doing 85 to 90 minutes each way and it got to be a time killer and drag after a while not to mention petrol.

At least you have time to mentally practise your procedures, circuits , calls etc.

Have now found a hanger just 45 minutes away, Yeehah!

Gee, guys your legends!!:thumb_up:

I thought I was doing it tuff driving for 30mins!! (40klm) to the aerodrome, not to mention I will be able to land only a few hundred mtrs from our back fence once I get me certificate!

Guest Brett Campany
Gee, guys your legends!!:thumb_up:I thought I was doing it tuff driving for 30mins!! (40klm) to the aerodrome, not to mention I will be able to land only a few hundred mtrs from our back fence once I get me certificate!

Lucky bugger!

Tomo,

Its a bit hard when you live just 6 kms from the centre of Melbourne to get to a reasonably priced hanger and sealed strip within 30 minutes.

For us 30 minutes is Moorabbin airport and at 200 bucks a week rent its outa my league plus its way too commercial..

Tomo,Its a bit hard when you live just 6 kms from the centre of Melbourne to get to a reasonably priced hanger and sealed strip within 30 minutes.

For us 30 minutes is Moorabbin airport and at 200 bucks a week rent its outa my league plus its way too commercial..

That's just plain radical!! $200 a week:faint: is the taxiways Gold plated or something?!!

We certainly are more privileged than we think living in the country, where the only time you've got to slow down (100+) going to town is for Kangaroo's or cattle crossing the road....! not other vehicles:laugh:

1 min 45 sec drive for me,just about right 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

You could walk that!!!