BAK Passed..

G'day Thumper...

Congratulations on passing the BAK:thumb_up: (it's wasn't as hard as I first thought it would be...!)

I get paid for three days' a week, but I'm also on standby if we get extra busy and they need me... (I work for my Dad, as a Diesel Fitter 3rd yr apprentice) or I just do it to help out.. either way, it's all good experience:thumb_up:

So that's how I can do my flight training on Tuesday... my Day off most times:big_grin:

Have Fun...

Ps. Have you gone Solo yet? Because I thought you had to do the Air Leg exam before you could?

Hey Jodie,

I work full time as I am the Assistant Principal at the local High School. This means 7am starts and normally not home till late as well.

I travel over an hour to my flight school.

I work hard and study hard. Always wanted to fly and this is my dream so I am going to get there no matter what :)

Tomo,

Yeah done stalls before and in the little 120 they are a "non event" but still not something I enjoy. I hear the stall warning and react.

Can't wait to start the cross country so I can fly back home and to the airfield... seems backwards doesn't it?:confused:

Guest Pop-top

Tomo:

sounds like a very good arrangement with your dad :) I didnt actually know you had to do the air leg 1st. I did a pre solo exam and a pre area solo exam so i'm assuming that they covered the basics of air leg, plus some other things, my flight school is very thorough. I'm pretty sure I still need to sit the CASA air leg exam though.

I've done about 5 hours solo I think (all in the circuit except for .6 area solo last lesson :) )

Bec:

Lovely to meet you, sounds as though you are doing quite well living the double dream :) do you have any ambitions to become a flight instructor? (as your a teacher?)

I'm working full time as a Trainer at an ISP at the moment and I'd just love to be a flight Instructor one day.

Jodie,

I do dream of instructing one day and would love to be as good as my instructor. He is so calm and clear.

Can not wait to do my cross country so I can start flying around further.. not that the 25 nautical is bad but......

Well best get ready.. going across again today YAY...

Have a good one

Bec

Yes It's a pretty good system worked out with my Dad, works well at the moment, although I go to Tafe at the end of June for 6 weeks... so I'm working on getting my first bit all done by then... I will still have the weekends I could go, so it's not real bad suppose...

I Dream about training one day also.... but that would be a long way off yet....:big_grin:

It's good to hear you've finished your five hours solo, I've got 2.1 hrs left:big_grin: plus a few more check flights, like high speed circuits (high speed for the drifter that is) higher speed landings, (which when flying a tail drager you've got to just plant the front wheels on the ground) not exactly as easy as it looks!

Bec: Yeah, one benefit of the Drifter, is it doesn't have a stall warning horn! but it does tend to stall a lot more distinctly than a Jab, and the aircraft is telling you by a bit of a waffle and sloppy controls (and high descent rate!) Just remember, you've got to push the stick forward to "unload" the stall, I've been reading and watching crashes on utube, where the pilot obviously thought pushing the stick forward when near the ground is a scary thing, but then ended up stalling the aircraft into the ground because he was pulling the stick back with all his might.....!:confused: trying not to hit the ground......!

Safe Flying, and Have Fun...

Ps. I'm rather fortunate really, because I live within the 25mile radius.... and have a dirt strip/road out the back... so I will be able to come home.... yeehaaaa!

I did a pre solo exam and a pre area solo exam so i'm assuming that they covered the basics of air leg, plus some other things, my flight school is very thorough. I'm pretty sure I still need to sit the CASA air leg exam though.

Were the pre-solo and pre-area exams the RAAus ones? If so, then they're the two air leg exams you need :thumb_up:.

Yeehaa! Past the Human Factors exam with flying colours.....:thumb_up:

So, now I've got all the exams out the way, and only 1.2hrs more of solo time, and I can go for a flight review (or test) not sure what there called...........:big_grin:

Ps. What a Stupid exam!!

Well Done. It's a great feeling to have them out of the way isn't it??

I reckon!:thumb_up:

Thanks guys/gals:clap: