Hello from Hemlock in Newcastle

Hemlock

Hi Hemlock

A trial Introductory flight (TIF) or two is a good start and decide who you would like to train with and in what type of aircraft.

Trikes offer an open cockpit, magnificient unobstructed view, and are very cost effective solution (I'm biased)

Chris From Airborne Upper Hunter will do trike TIFs and Training out of Maitland (Rutherford) Probably the closest to you.

His details are on this site at

Microlight School - Clubs/Schools

RNAC also does TIFs and training at Rutherford ( Maitland) GA - not sure if they do RAA . Try Giving the airport a ring I am sure they would love to help you

Cessnock is another close option I hear them training on the radio.

I think there is a 3 axis RAA group there too.

Ray

welcome

Welcome hemlock. I am an old novacastrian myself, trained initially at broadmeadows, where the sports centre is now (near Gonninans) and then finished off at Rutherford, with RNAC, and did some instruction there in the mid- 60's. I believe it was the biggest club in the commonwealth, at one time. The surplus Tiger moths were stacked on their noses to fit in the second hangar at Broadmeadows. It was an extremely small aerodrome which operated for many years under a dispensation from the (then) DCA. Nev.

Hello. Am not flying yet, but keen to start my journey. Any tips in relation to Flying Schools around Newcastle would be much appreciated.Thanks

Hemlock

Hi Hemlock

I am learning at Warnervale on a Jabiru 160c with Valley Ultralights (www.valleyultralights.com.au)

Contact Paul Crowfoot if you would like a trial instructional flight. The training area is one of the most scenic in Oz ... over Tuggerah Lake and north of The Entrance.