vpharry

Guest VPHarry

Guest VPHarry

Hi to every one,

Started flying sept 1984,went solo oct 1984 in 4.5 hrs @ Parafield S.A.in a cessna 150, but due to finance and a sick wife had to give up flying.

Started flying again August 1993 at Murray Bridge S.A. in a Lightwing then Thruster then Jabiru.

Purchased a VP1A in 2000 & fly it @ Wellington Airfield,logged up 350hrs so far hope to log up alot more

By the way i am a young 75 year old.

vpharry:

G'day VpHarry, and Welcome aboard.....:thumb_up:

A young 75yr old... thats the spirit, your only as old as you think you are..... I've only got about 58yrs to go:laugh:

Have Fun, Fly Safe, and Join In.....:thumb_up:

G'day Harry. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forum. You're the first from Wellington so most wouldn't know where it is. I fly down your way occasionally but have never seen any activity at the field. How many, and what types do you have there?

I think you may be to only current VP flier as well so do you have any photos, and what is your honest opinion of the type. Other 'penniless fliers' might be interested to know more about this 'older, simpler' design.

Stay safe,

I fly from Wellington and have been a forum member for over 3 years.( too lazy to find out exact time). We only have 5 active flying members the aircraft are VP1A- Harry, Supercat - Chris, high performance German motor glider-Danny, R44 chopper - Bryan, Jabiru SP6 which is mine.

Cheers Helmut.

1089433430_WellingtonAirfield.jpg.04b7bb11f7c74807dbcbb171fd0dbcf1.jpg

Guest Decca

Hiya vpharry. Watch out, you may be the most senior among all of us.

I see you joined the forums this month, & your mate Helmut joined in January 2007.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to both of you!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hope everyone's well in the family.

Regards, Decca.

Guest VPHarry

Desk pilot,Thomo i find the vp a little under powered with 1600 vw motor,it is a ardem twin mag aero engine.Climb out 55-60 knots,cruise 60 knots,approach 6o knots overfence55knots.I find the ailerons a little heavy,but with a full flying tail it makes it sensitive to fly.use 10 to 11 lts hr i find it a safe forgiving aircraft to fly

Harry

How many hp is that VW?

How many hp is that VW?

I am looking at an 80hp Rotax or Jabiru for my teenie two.

What is the weight of your aircraft?

PS

I just joined this forum too.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Metzenes, glad you joined and posted already. Go with the Jab engine, less to go wrong and a proven power plant. Maybe VPHarry should consider changing as well.