Flight SimX on windows 7

mAgNeToDrOp

I have installed windows 7 (64bit RC) on my pc, and tried running Flight SimX. Runs well, actually better than WinXP suprisingly(and my pc is old, p4 about5 yrs old) - installed orbx scenery etc and it is running great, no glitches and using about the same resources as I was with xp, but in general the game runs better/smoother have most sliders at or near max...

Windows 7 in general runs beautifully so far from what I have seen/tried, think I'll skip Vista completely

Anyone tried FSX on windows 7?

Guest Brett Campany

Will love to hear more about this mate, as you know I've moved to a Mac and now run X-Plane 9 but if you could do a review on FXS with Win 7 that'd be great!

Guest ozzie

Is this the unfinished trial version of Windows 7 that you are using. i read that there is no support for it if you have problems?

same as yours my pc is abot the same age and P4 bit dissapointed with it with flightsim stuff

ozzie

Yes its the Release Candidate which can be downloaded for free from microsoft. It is a "trial" as such and shouldn't be used to replace your production machine. Expires June 2010 I think.. There will be no support really until you upgrade (purchase ;) )the full retail version which should be released later this year hopefully

I've installed it as a dual-boot, second Operating system (I select which operating system to load on bootup)on my machine just to play around with, but alot of the guys where I work, (we are an IT company), are using it as their production machine and so far its been very impressive, looks good but doesn't suck up all the resources like Vista. easiest install I have ever done -didn't need to load any drivers for any of my printers, joysticks, scanners etc, just automatically installed. If you need to do this it has the options to do it. Never been a huge fan of Windows but windows7 looks the best one so far.

Ozzie without knowing details of your setup I wouldn't say win7 would improve your performance that much over XP, FSX in general is a very resource (esp CPU ) intensive piece of software. Most important thing is to have a fast processor, then as much RAM as you can and a decent graphics card.

Anyway will have a play on FSX tonight as I only finished installing it late last night and had a quick play...