g'day all

Hi,

My name is Elias. I live at Eagleby Qld (about halfway between the Gold Coast and Brisbane). I'm a mad Flight sim Fan (addict - hehehe) and have been since i was 12 yrs old (now 29). I have just received the opportunity start my RA licence and still deciding where to do it. I'm going for a fly with a mate on monday out at Boonah, but there is also Heckfield (Jacobs well) which is a lot closer to where I live. Just wondering if anyone else has been flying around these 2 strips, or knows of any others in my local area. I've been to the RA website and these 2 seem to be the closest. Also, what is the average cost (per hour) for lessons. I've been quoted $180 per hour. Does this sound about right? Thanks in advance and look forward to chatting with you all..

Elias 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dilojem
Hi,Also, what is the average cost (per hour) for lessons. I've been quoted $180 per hour. Does this sound about right? Thanks in advance and look forward to chatting with you all..

Elias 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi Elias... welcome aboard.

I can only quote you on 3 pricing components (schools) that I know of... one was $180/hr (SA), one $145/hr (SA) and another $162-175/hr (QLD) all DUAL (with instructor) but I know prices vary according to the aircraft you are learning in as well... so price seems to be on par as they say.

Good luck with your lessons!

Diana

Guest dilojem

Yes it IS very exciting!!!! I KNOW you will have a fabulous time!!! Enjoy and report back!! cheers! d

I actually do my first lesson tomorrow

I hope you realise that this will be the start of a lifelong obsession which will leave you absolutely penniless but with an incredible smile on your face! :thumb_up:

Well.. it was my first lesson and it was great.. We actually got through half of the second lesson as I picked up everything pretty quickly (probably all those years of practice on flight sim-LOL). I'm doing the lessons on a weekly basis but it seems like forever away.. can't wait till saturday to get back in the air !