737 Freeware

prwood

Try this one for size. Rotating fan compressor blades, reverse thrust animation, flexing wings & engine mounts, available in many liveries incl. Qantas. Simply brilliant & it's free!! Go to the Xplane.org site & follow the download links.

Pete

Guest Brett Campany

Any chance of putting a link up Pete? I'll download it and check it out when I get home

Hi Brett,

The x737 Project

Also worth checking is the release of the aussie pack scenery available from the download page at Home of the X-Plane Flightsim Community - New Server

Will be interested to see what you think. I have been using X-plane 9 on a 24" iMac for 18 months after changing from PC & MSFSX. Sad to see the demise (perhaps?) of that software development team. I have been simming since the days of Bruce Artwick & am amazed at the level of sophistication that has been achieved to date.

Rgds pete

Hello Si,

I haven't progressed to the FMC yet. Still having fun doing things in a 737 sim you can't do in real life!!

Rgds Pete

Hi Pete and co

I have recently imported the more realistic FMC that goes with the x737s, and i have to say its a challenge to get my head around, but im enjoying it.ive been doing a few local navs on autopilot, and its a pretty satisfying feeling to work it all out, program it correctly and not crash!

Its nice on a rainy cold night to sit back with the heater on and fly a route to sydney or wherever the hell else i want to go.

The simming world has heaps of really good info about how to fly the procedural stuff, and as im going on to commercial its been a real help.I of course wont be taking anything i learn online as gospel over my instruction, but it is a great tool for learing..

As you can tell, its all new to me, but its bloody good fun:thumb_up: