Logbook - Entries certified correct?

Guest cyrus

Guest cyrus

Hey,

I have a really basic question to ask -please don't laugh ;-)

I'm goiing to Sydney next week and I'll be doing some flight in Bankstown.

As I've always been fliying around Archerfield with the same flying school and aircrafts so far, logbook entries were not an issue.... but now, I am wondering what do I have to do to get my entries certified correct in my logbook for that kind of one shot flight ? I guess that the question also applies when you do some flight as PIC with a fellow pilot that owns its own aircraft... who can certify the entries?

Anyway. If someone has an answer, it would be more than welcome ;-)

Cheers,

Cyrus

Certify times.

I would get your school to do it. Most would have a stamp and someone representing the organisation should sign it. Best to cover yourself. When you work for an organisation they sign it every 6 months. Nev.

Guest cyrus

Hi Facthunter, thank you very much for your reply.

But I mean, once you are not flying with a school anymore -I already passed my PPL and will be flying from another aerodromes-, what entity can certity your entries? Or each time I rent an aircraft, do I have to get the corresponding entry certified?

Sorry to ask but I can't find an answer anywhere ;-)

Cheers,

Cyrus

How?

In those circumstances I would do the summary each 6 months and then sign it myself. Once you establish yourself with the next operator they will either accept your credentials or not say much. Being the cynic that I am, I would suggest that no matter what you have in your logbook, you will be required to do a flight test, as that involves more money, (This always happened to me and I don't think much has changed. IF you operate to a high standard this should not be too onerous, though I recall having to do a three and a half hour x-country,( bit of a waste of time under the circumstances,) when I moved to Bankstown from Newcastle. Whatever happens make the most of it, but try to get value for money. Nev

Guest cyrus

That's very clear !! Thank you very much!

Yeah, I guess that any new operator you wish to fly with will not let you go with his aircraft unless someone checked how you actually fly it. Anyway; it remains a hobby for me but a really expensive one, especially with that kind of stuff! -in your case, 3.5 hours for that kind of check looks really excessive... anyway-

Thanks again Facthunter,

Cyrus