Just Saying Hi!

Hello to all. I’ve been here a few times but decided it was time to join. Originally started flight training at Archerfield in 2000 but family commitments (read children) diverted my resources (read money) away from my indulgence, so didn't quite finish my GFPT.

Since then I have dabbled in a bit here and there (dual) in gliders, C172's and C182's, the latter two usually minus the right-hand door to allow aerial photography (hence user name, yes I am photographer)

Anyway, fast forward 9 years, and GA is now too prohibitively expensive so I looked into RA. Well, what a surprise, the cost of training is less than it was in those old C150 & C152's back then. So the plan is to hopefully pick-up where I left off (after a bit of catch up and circuits I'm sure!). I haven't committed to anywhere yet, but I will most likely do this at Caboolture. Just waiting for my Student Pack to arrive from RA-Aus and then I'll organise some time off work and hopefully I'll be away. Looking forward to sharing of experience with you all.

Guest Decca

Hi Foto Flyer, :welcome:to the forums.

My son is a photographer, and though he has taken many air-to-ground shots (from real aircraft) he has yet to catch the bug.

But he is also into electric powered RC models, & has a very stable camera ship which has taken many beautiful photos.

Regards, Decca.

Hi Foto Flyer,

Please note there is a monthly photo competition on this site with a 6 month membership of Pacific flyer up for grabs.

have a look.

Yes, Decca, it's amazing the quality of images that can be achieved these days from a small camera mounted on an R/C platform. Almost don't need to go up yourself, but hey, where would be the fun in that. Ah, nothing like shooting straight down while hanging out an open door at 1000' in a 45 to 60 deg. bank to get the juices flowing!

Thanks to skydog for the heads up on the photo comp. I'll definitely look into submitting a few images.

Thanks to all for the welcome too!