Wendy

Guest Wendy

Guest Wendy

Hello everyone,:thumb_up: I fly out of Aldinga Airfield in the Sportstar. Lessons are going well. The weather here in Adelaide has been very bad lately so have not done much flying. Hope to get some lesson in when the weather gets better. Off on holidays in a few weeks. Have yet to fully check out the new site. Have to make good use of it in the coming months. Bye from Wendy at Aldinga Traffic.041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Guest Decca

Good morning Wendy, welcome to the forums.

You're lucky having a modern, roomy aircraft to learn in, how many hours do you have already?

This weather is good for sitting in the clubrooms (or home) reviewing your pre- & post-flight briefings, plus all your text basics. But come Sunday the priority has to be social day - pretty hard to get your nose in the books when there's so many others to interact with at the club.

Regards, Decca.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Well, if as Decca says, you can only sit around in club rooms, Aldinga is the place to be. Best nest ever for grounded birds. (don't mean that in a sexist way even though it's true)006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Wendy, another Aldergarite joins the flock. Enjoy and learn. Say Hi to Thumper for me when you see her next.

Guest Wendy

Hi Decca the sportstar might be modern BUT it is NOT roomy!! It is a snug fit with my instructor Steve ha! ha! ha! Yes it is a nice aircraft to fly. I am biast. It at this time is the only aircraft that I have flown thus far. I have almost 7 hours of flying time; 3 take-offs, S & L; C & D; and C & D turns. I get quite a buzz after I have flown. I hope to fly the Sportcub Tailwheeler after a some more experience. A whole different experience, thanks Decca, Wendy.

Guest Wendy

Hi Deskpilot, (Doug) yes Aldinga Airfield and Clubrooms are very inviting; big open fire food and coffee to order a very cosy place to be when it is cold. Apparently, there are a number of Aldingarites on the site. It is nice to be one of that number but I don't know Thumper by that name. I may know her name but not by Thumper. It is a mystery. I shall try to find out who is Thumper.

Regards Wendy; student pilot flying to get her wings.

I don't know Thumper by that name.

G'day Wendy. I fly out of Aldinga too. Flying wasn't too bad today (except for failing my pretest but thats another topic 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif :))

Thumper also goes by the name Jodie.

Are you flying for fun or taking up a career?

Steven.

Guest Wendy

Hi Steven sorry to hear you failed the pretest! I am yet to do my pretest.

Yes Thumper, ah, Jodie, thanks Steven!

Flying for me is both purely and simply FUN!!! Although at times when I am in the air I wonder just how much FUN I am having. No, it's all good. When I am back on the ground I am up in the clouds with excitement about how good it really was.

Regards, Wendy, Aldingarite, Aldinga Traffic.