Aviation Investments

It's a pity that the financial demise of the world over the past 9 months has made investors wary, and will do, for some time yet.

There are so many very good opportunities in the Recreational Aviation industry here in Australia and in New Zealand at the moment where investors could make really good returns.

I suppose the US will take a strangle hold on this market when things improve and we will end up paying through the nose for our leisure interests.

Just having a down moment.

I have read a magazine article on Aircraft purshasing/investing (aviator i think it was) apparently here in Australia, planes are seen like cars/machinery ie-any money borrowed is normally over five years, sometimes seven. If you borrow less just say $100 000 the repayments are high per-month. WE all know their are GA aircraft flying around 30 to 40 years old. I have a commercial loan on a excavator, the loan was over five years- it is then fully depreciated and written off. (I am know expert i dont work in finance or anything) the article in the magazine though was written by a pilot and he does work in finance apparently

Sorry blackhawk, to your thread-question - in the USA aircraft are seen to have a lot longer working life than here in Aust. SO loans can be over a lot longer period of time hence lower repayments than here. In australia at least, if people can secure loans over a longer period of time, we might sell a lot more aeroplanes manufactured here or from overseas I hope this helps.

Guest rocketman

Re Investments.

I have a friend who is developing a 2 seater trike. He currently makes a range of successful single seater trikes. He needs funding to bring the 2 seater through to completion. The trike will initially be offered as a 51% kit built aircraft. Eventually it be bought on line as a LSA machine. If anyone is interested in backing this machine, please contact me off list and I'll fill you in with the details.

Neale.

[email protected]