At last!

Thx1137

I have mentioned in other threads that it was going to be tough going to get my partner up. Well, today not only did Christine have her first flight with me but my youngest daughter, Laura also come up for a fly! We didn't stray far from the field because of weather. Mainly along the coast.

They were both very nervous before arriving at the field but I told them I would keep them informed of what I was doing and what to expect so flying under a bit of cloud I would say "this will be a little bumpy for a few seconds" or "I am just going to do a gentle turn in this direction", etc. It worked rather well, neither of them clutched hard at anything and the only time there was a real 'ah!' moment was on approach when we would get the obligitory turbulence (which I said would happen :-)) Christine clutches onto me tightly when in the 737s any time there is a change in noise or the aircraft turns.

I wasn't happy at all with the first approach and landing, safe and smooth enough and Christine said she thought it was a "great landing", it can't have been too bad, she was doing a lof of smiling :-) The approach and landing with Laura was a lot better. The conditions were interesting because one minute 32 was the into-wind runway and the next 26 was the way to go.

Oh well. It is great to get that done with such a great result, both loved it. :-)

Now all I want is some nice weather so I can actually GO somewhere!

Steven.

I think that's the thing that I'm really looking forward to - to share the skies with my beloved :heart: and kids (and my parents) (oh, and some siblings) (umm.. and a few close friends). Oh to hell with it. Who wants a ride?? 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Guest Pop-top

Well done Steve, good experience and story :big_grin:

Did you get their pictures with the plane? either way I'm sure they will remember it for the rest of their lives :thumb_up: The day you took them flying for the first time!

Hehehe, I can just picture it now: You'll be one of those go-getters soon with their whole family aboard and fancy lightspeed zulu's for all, so that the kids can listen to their own ipods and wife can make calls via blue tooth to excitedly tell everyone you can't talk right now, little busy flying a plane!!!!!

:big_grin: kidding around

G'day Jodie,

Yep, got some pics. Gaylene also took one of all three of us so she could put it on the "Our Stories" page I imagine. Christine was using the picture taking as a way to calm herself down. She reckons she only needed it for that for the first 5 minutes or so.

I dunno about "whole family aboard" but I _did_ mention last week how cheap Jabiru 160s are and that we had enough equity in the house... :-) I have been trying to find syndicates but they are either tough to find or there aren't many around. It would be hard to get in one now I think because I only have 15 PIC hours anyway!

Also, I think I was leaning towards Bose for Christmas :-)

Steven.

Guest Pop-top

Lol, that is so great! Cant wait to read the write up of the article :big_grin:

Bose sounds like the way to go I think. but I want to try one on first ... hell of a Christmas present if you ask me!!! :big_grin:

Bose sounds like the way to go I think. but I want to try one on first ... hell of a Christmas present if you ask me!!! :big_grin:

Well, I always buy my own present because noone else in the family has any idea of what to get me. I somehow tend to get really nifty presents :-)