Just spent my saving on a Jabiru SK G-BYBZ

diablo

Hi all,

Just thought i would let the world know that I have spent all of my savings on a Jabiru SK (reghistration G-BYBZ).

She is a beutiful bird and I intend to have lots of fun with her. Unfortunatelly the hanger space i reserved was gone by the time I got her so I could be tieing her up outside for the autumn. What should I do to ensure that the bodywork/mechanics dont suffer. Any tips appreciated.

Anyone out there got some tips on flying and looking after the SK?

What's the ceiling on an SK?

Thanks in advance

Diablo :rotary:

Guest Qwerty

Congratulations, I just bought a Jab too.

Use duct tape around the doors to keep the rain out of the cabin.

The ceiling is the point where full throttle just maintains altitude at Vbest reat of climb.:thumb_up:, You will know when you get there.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Cheers

SK

congratulations!

My sk 2.2 goes great, 300 hours now, it flies well and is easy to look after.

Keep trying to get it in a hangar, it won't take much space. In the meantime, keep lots of silicone auto polish on it. This was once advised against, but it is the best uv protectant there is.

If you do use covers, make sure they wont flap and make sure they wont trap moisture.

Fibreglass is the best material for toughness and repair, but it is not the best for exposure to the sun... but it will take it for some months if you keep up the polish.

Bruce

silicone

This polish was advised against because it could contaminate a repair job.

But over the years it became obvious that the auto repair people coped ok, and there are ways to remove the stuff if you need to repair it or do a paint job.