G'day

Guest airmuster

Guest airmuster

Hi all. I have been flying for a number of years and as my "name" suggests, most of it is close to mother earth. My aircraft is a Cessna 172M and hopefully soon something a bit faster as I am getting a little tired of 100knots or so, flat out. My mustering days are nearly over I think as I would rather be an "Old Bold Pilot" than a "Bold Pilot".

Hope to find some interest here, and make some friends. My wife is also a pilot, but rather fly with the eagles upstairs.

Cheers for now

AM:thumb_up:

Guest airmuster

Hi Nev,

I myself would be happy with a C210N or R model, wife wants a TBM850, when we win lotto in our next life.

I don't like light twins..... single engine performance with two sources of noise and $$$$$.:) although I do like the MU-2 (not a light I know)...... shows my age a bit.

Hmmm.

A C-210 is a useful thing if you don't let anyone else fly it. You must have mustered more cash than I. I was thinking of something cheaper. I don't mind the idea of a twin as long as you keep current with it. A twin goes a lot further after you lose an engine. There is something comforting about being able to see TWO engines turning over when you are over water or "tiger" country, Cheers Nev.

Guest airmuster

I agree, but more accidents happen from loosing an engine and the other takes you to the scene of the *&^%$. The currency issue is the problem as we would not really use it that often, as wife is away a lot and I feel safer in something I'm used to. Old dog new tricks thingy. I have done a few hours in the 10's and feel at ease with them...... and yes the engine management is an issue if borrowed.

I would like a 182RG if only there was an STC to have it fuel injected.... that would be nice.... prefer the Lycoming any day, except when hot starting the 540's.