Just Landed

Guest Big Al

Well been flying over 30 years twin en, con st,retract,nvfr ,now fly for fun.

thinking about buying a RAA AIRCRAFT dont know witch / flown a Jab ,152,Aztec ect what two buy ??put 300 hours in my Aztec when I own it.I suppose its just like learning to Fly again a. Why do Raa charge so much ?For what ?

Hi Al, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt, but a lot of research ahead of you. There are many makes & models of recreational aircraft to choose from & most are listed in these forums.

As far as I know, recreational flying is very cost effective in every aspect compared to G.A. Do you mean membership of RAAustralia?

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

High Big AL, we are self regulated,(but we still have to abide by the rules like anybody else in regards to aviation in Australia). Our membership fees pay for our monthly magazine (great source of information )and to pay for the hard working staff (some of those great people dont get payed). To run our organization to benefit of all of us. Im not sure of the current members but i think it is around 9000. Our membership fees are used in admin,etc. PLEASE DONT THINK IM HAVING A GO AT YOU. I AM NOT. WELCOME TO RAA. I JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN WERE THE MONEY GOES. I my opinion.