YEEHAA

PaulN

AT LAST, CT 3841 is airworthy and back home in her cosy little shed. And what a delight to fly she is, I'd almost forgotten how good it is.

After being at Tocumwal for the past 29 days undergoing the composite repairs with Peter Corkery (great job too) we flew over this morning to bring her home again, and back in time for lunch. Pity about the smoke haze. The flight over was very smooth and again on the return leg until over top the alps when thermal turb struck with vengeance. This was made more interesting when keeping close to Adrian in his Jab to avoid losing contact in the haze, him being ahead of me made for a great show bouncing all over my windscreen.

Well, I just wanted to share the excitement of having my (our) toy back and just in time for Christmas :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: . She's only been laid up for 413 days, I guess there's lots of catching up to do now.

Sorry, I can't resist ... YIPPEEEEEE

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
AT LAST, CT 3841 is airworthy and back home in her cosy little shed. And what a delight to fly she is, I'd almost forgotten how good it is.She's only been laid up for 413 days, I guess there's lots of catching up to do now.

Paul

Hi Paul

Do you mean from the post above that your A/C has been out of action for over one year??? What was the problem here, & why such a long period of time???

I think I would die if I had to go that long without playing with my favourite toy!!!

Cheers.

G'day Mick,

Happy New Year to you. For a little more info check out this thread (esp post on Dec 21). http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6322

Yeah, this has been good training in patience, but I managed to keep my mind off it by doing some home renos throughout the year. I guess if flying was my foremost priority in life the wait might have been unbearable. However, as good as it is, wife, family, friends and church come ahead ... but only just.

Cheers,

Paul