qld gov north gold coast/future planning

dazza 38

Its a big website, what section did you find this in ?

Gooday, i just doubled checked- it is section 5.9. Even though it is titled GA. down towards the bottom it talks about us. Basically they are saying that they realize people have been and are migrating from Ga to ultralights. That they need to have and accessable network of airfields within SE QLD for us. I coudnt find the bit i previously read about Caloundra and Caboolture,(It is a big web site insnt it) but is in their somewhere. Its looks like they are looking, for land to built a secondary GA airfield. I hate to say this but there experts are eyeing off either hecks field or somewhere close to this. Remember this is a government web site. They might just be 'looking, but nothing might become of this. I just thought would throw in this thread so people could read it and see for themselfs what i discovered if they want to. CHEERS

Guest sypkens
Hi Guys, i stumbled on to this site. www.dip.qld.gov.au . On padges 23, and 69, it mentions aviation and heck field. This is for people who might be interested in having a quick look.

Hey Dazza,

is there a particular document I should be looking at?031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Thanks

Jan

Thank you Crezzi, that is the one. I just got off researcing it a bit more(and finding were i found it). As the above is a study/consultation. I found (somehow) the latest. Apparently, they have decided that and -In the short to medium term, we dont need a secondary airport. But they are still looking at the area around hecks field for the future (20 years). I guess they pay consultants, they give their advice, and they ignore it No MONEY IN THE COFFERS.

Hey Dazza,is there a particular document I should be looking at?031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Thanks

Jan

HI JAN Just adding to my previous post. It looks like your airfield is safe, for the next twenty years. They did mention as you already no, that the land is private. I have read other things about caboolture, caloundra etc. But the web site is a maze, and i cant seem to be able to retrace my steps. They know about the pressure on caloundra, caboolture airfields, they know the have to replace the airfields BEFORE something happens to them, they pay consultants at our expense to give advice, but they (the government )seam to do nothing. It doent seem right does it?

Guest sypkens

Agree your sentiments Dazza.

The other interesting tidbit that I found in the document is quoted below:

Demand for general aviation facilities in the area between Logan City and the Gold

Coast is less urgent than in the Caboolture–Caloundra area…However, the

increasing pressures on the Gold Coast Airport and, potentially, Southport

Aerodrome, mean that such demand is likely to develop within a 20-year period…

I believe this demand is already there. You only have to try and find hangarage in this region to realise how difficult it is. And Southport (unless you have big wallets) and Coolangatta are just not options for RAA.

Regards,

Jan

Sorry for the original confusion, i was actually googling something else, it it came up with the actual peice of imformation that crezzi found. I did not know at the time that the site was as BIG as it was. When i went back to find the information, i then discovered the the main page and it took me nearly an hour to find piece of original information. Regards Daryl