Guest byrne60

Guest byrne60

Hi, just a little info about myself, had first flight 9th April 1961 in a DHC-1 VH-UWG at the Canberra Aero Club, with instructor Mr Ron Pill (now deceased) and many other instructors and departmental examiners (Russ Evans, Tom Curlewis and Col Rolfe). It was memorable that flight, progressed to C-172 to complete training gaining licence on 12 June 1963. Have not flown for 17 years as my wife would not travel in light aircraft, still have licence though. Have flown a Jodel D9 CYS built by Vic Southwell and Mr Powell many years ago, but not logged. Biggest flight was to New Guinea in 1974 myself and 4 mates in VH-KEO, terrific trip. Twin endorsement in Aero Commander VH-AGA (aircraft written off at Goulburn), many years ago. Total flying time of 1000 hours alltold, mostly with VH Aviation, Tumut Aero Club and Canberra Aero Club. :thumb_up:

Welcome to the forums byrne60.

I’d be surprised if some of the members here did not know you. What age were you when you flew the DHC-1?

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Welcome byrne60, noticed the rego VH-KEO, we have a 172 in this area with VH-KOE. We commonly refer to the aircraft as 'Korrosion On Everything'...jokingly of course !......................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest byrne60

Hi Decca, I was just 20 years when flew Chipmunk, from what I remember was deslightful to fly, did not atall like the hand starting of the Gypsy Major, very happy when got Cessna with electric. Thanks for interest.