Just landed...

Guest eland2705

Guest eland2705

G'day all,

Newbie here, more of an arrival than a landing!002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Flew gliders back in the "old country", got married, had kids (gliding stopped 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif) and then we came to Oz. Kids are now big, and I am back gliding again after a break of something like 17 years:big_grin:.

Now looking at a expanding my aviation experience into RA.

Regards to all,

Steph

Hi Steph. Welcome to the forums.

Eland - a link/hint to the "old country"?

There's a few RAAus flyers at Bacchus Marsh, Brilin Air a member here.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Guest eland2705

Thanks for your comments, and welcomes.

Decca - yep, Eland was my callsign in the days of yore.

Cazza - Temora eh? Got trip plans in the works to take 40 of my Air Force Cadets to Temora for the Apr '10 Flying Day.

Guest eland2705

Cazza,

I'll certainly remember that - coffee is always welcomed, no matter where or when.

Unless I can convince AFLO to lend us a C-130 or a C-17 (not much chance of that, but we can dream!) we'll be bussing up from Simpons Barracks (Melbourne) with an overnight at Bandianna.

Regards

Hey Steph I wonder how much the ADF would accept for one of the DH Caribous which have been in the news a bit here lately? We could fly Nostalgia Tours for all past servicemen & women (at a price), and it would right at home at Temora, and/or Pt Cook.

I'm sure there would be a handfull of guys would like to join a syndicate, just to get their hands on the controls of one of these beasts! They perform like an Eland (or a Gazelle).

Decca.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest eland2705

LOL, a Bou handling like a gazelle? Hmmm, interesting though that. I hear through the grapevine (of course I believe everything I hear on the grapevine, the ABC, Ch 9 Today Tonight etc) that there is a Bou going to Pt Cook Museum. Whether they fly it or park it up and watch it slowly rot away like the C-130A, I am not sure.

I suppose that Temora Air Museum would love to get thier hands on one, if for no other purpose to use it as a time filler in the show. A fly past would take about 15 minutes!