RAA Tickets from a C Cert

Guest eland2705

Guest eland2705

G'day all,

Probably a question that's been asked before, but I would like to know what is needed to proceed to a RA-Aus license from a Gliding "C" Certificate?

Regards

Glider pilots make good power pilots I'm told, so go for it!

And A big welcome on board the forum to!

Sorry I can't help with the legalistic side, but I'm pretty sure its just competency based and 5 hrs solo or something, once you get soloed by the instructor.

Class C cert... so you'd have a few hrs up by now then:thumb_up:

Glider pilots make good power pilots I'm told, so go for it!

especially when the power goes out ala Scully and the Hudson.

welcome aboard you would possibly have to contact the RAAus office to get the drum on converting over

This paragraph is copied from the RAAus site and was written by Tony Hayes.

If you have prior gliding or General Aviation experience to the extent of 20 hours of which 5 hours are as pilot in command, then the minimum requirement becomes 5 hours experience on RA-Aus aircraft of which 1 hour must be as pilot in command. You must also satisfy an RA-Aus Chief Flying Instructor that you are conversant with the flying training syllabus, particularly the handling of high-drag, low-inertia aircraft.

If you already carry radio operator and/or cross country endorsements then RA-Aus will accept these without further training or testing if they are from a recognised source.

Guest eland2705

Thanks all,

Looks like I am already about 80% there. Certainly got the hours logged, and I've got my RT. I'll have to do my cross country again, someone changed the magnetic varience, and the ground looks a little diferent to what I'm used to flying over.

Maybe I should go cap in hand to "She Who Must Be Obeyed" with a bid for some money out of the kitty for that really pretty little Gazelle Ian has on offer. SWMBO has a habit of spending money on silly things like food, electicity, gas, water, mortgage etc etc. Just don't understand it myself!

Regards all,