Stan Just landed

Guest stan kleidon

Guest Maj Millard

Yes Stan, I watched you go round and round. 12.5 circuts ain't bad, you must have been working that morning. I was to the East of the field at about 4 grand. I could hear you radio work, but I was having a slight radio problem in the Savannah, so I couldn't call you just then. Cheers..............................................................................................hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

Guest stan kleidon

G'day Ray thanks for the welcolme i didn't think i'd get so many replies from all over this wonderful land we live in, nearly always good flying weather, except those dust storm days i've never seen anything as bad as that in all my life,and i'm closer to 60 as i am to 50, a good day to stay inside and look at aeroplane books i recon'

C U L 8 R i can even tex. Stan

Guest stan kleidon

Hi skyspud, where did you get a name like that? we don't live too far apart just across the paddock really, have fun flying and don't take silly chances, we want to prove to the community that this is a safe sport and it's less dangerous than hopping in our cars.

Cheers Stan:typing: I think i'm learnin' how to do this

• 2 weeks later...
but I was having a slight radio problem in the Savannah, so I couldn't call you just then. Cheers..............................................................................................hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

Sorry to high jack your thread Stan....

But, Did you end up finding out what the problem was with the radio Maj? cause remember we couldn't get it working at our place.

Guest stan kleidon

No nothing here, i picked up a load of cattle from Dalby early thursday morning, half way between Macalister and Dalby and into dalby there was water in all of the cultivation, and trees down in Dalby near the sale yards. my brother in law ( or is that outlaw ) at kupun had hail the size of golf balls. I wouldn't want to be in that.036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

safe flying, took one of my sons and his wife for a flight this morning, good excuse for two flights hey. Cheers Stan.

Hi Stan, welcome. A couple of years ago I picked up my Jab from the factory and few her down to temora. So I remember stopping at Dalby, so I guess I have been over the area where you are. Love farmers that put in strips. When I am flying along, I am always looking for a good place to land if the fan stops. Makes me happy when I see a farm strip of any description.

cazza

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Cazza, good to hear from you,I'm on a property just NNE of Brigalow had a strip here for years some blokes use to use it back in the early 90s made it a bit longer now 700 mts haven't landed the jab in here yet done a few balked aproaches though, heavy cross wind the other day, waiting for a better day to try it. we'd like to come to temora some time, see the museum, should be good,002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Catch you later, Stan.

• 1 month later...
Guest stan kleidon

Hi Tomo, Good to see your story in the latest R a mag i hope your dream of mission work comes true, One of the reasons I decided to get my ticket is a bit the same, our lutheran parish here covers a large area from Dalby to N T border north to taroom south to dirranbandi, with 3 Pastors but at the moment we only have one,as long as they can handle flying. cause i've been wanting to fly for a long time too, it's been great, takes the mind off of the dry weather. Have a good and safe new year, to you and your family. Cheers Stan:thumb_up:

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Dexter, Just a short note to wish all you guys (mexicans) south of the border, (just a little joke there) a happy and safe new year, hope the seasons turn around, we're still pretty dry here, there's been a bit of rain around in some patches. So to you and yours HAPPY NEW YEAR. Stan.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hi Tomo, Good to see your story in the latest R a mag i hope your dream of mission work comes true, One of the reasons I decided to get my ticket is a bit the same, our lutheran parish here covers a large area from Dalby to N T border north to taroom south to dirranbandi, with 3 Pastors but at the moment we only have one,as long as they can handle flying. cause i've been wanting to fly for a long time too, it's been great, takes the mind off of the dry weather. Have a good and safe new year, to you and your family. Cheers Stan:thumb_up:

Hey Stan, Thanks!

Interesting to hear about your goals as well, I hope it works out for you... there is something about helping others out that is very rewarding. I hope to fly for MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) sometime, somewhere...

Thanks,

Tom