Have finished building a RANS S7 (a 6 year project) and have flown it for about a year. Did some modifications. Have a Rotax but intend to change to a Gemini diesel engine (presently under development in UK)

Willing to discuss with anyone building or contempating.

• 1 year later...

I built one, it runs perfect the way it is, why change?

Regards

FP

Have finished building a RANS S7 (a 6 year project) and have flown it for about a year. Did some modifications. Have a Rotax but intend to change to a Gemini diesel engine (presently under development in UK)Willing to discuss with anyone building or contempating.

FP,

The better half is particularly interested in Diesel engines. He tinkers with everything, and I don't think there is an engine invented that he won't think about improving. He is presently rearranging the oil cooler on the Rotax. He spent about 2 years tracking down a tiny vibration.

He is very much in love with the RANS S7 Courier and wouldn't change a thing (well - probably his decision to use the blue tubing supplied - we had to replace all of that as it prematurely perished). In saying that, he did do some minor modifications for safety and usability, like moving the rudders etc so I could fly it (I am very short).

Have not heard how the Gemini 100 engine is going, last we heard it was due in production in April 2011 (2 months ago).

Would you care to share some photos of your RANS?

834793098_Alfdesktop.thumb.jpg.9a35f45a65eb61b655bad4abd1b25f8e.jpg

Sue

Howdy,

Why did you remove the spads?

Mine operated as a floatpane, never had issues except for overheating which was overcome by moving the oil cooler, apart from that she was a beauty.

PM me with pvt email and shall do, puting over here is way too hard :-)

rgs

FP

:pokerface:

FP,The better half is particularly interested in Diesel engines. He tinkers with everything, and I don't think there is an engine invented that he won't think about improving. He is presently rearranging the oil cooler on the Rotax. He spent about 2 years tracking down a tiny vibration.

He is very much in love with the RANS S7 Courier and wouldn't change a thing (well - probably his decision to use the blue tubing supplied - we had to replace all of that as it prematurely perished). In saying that, he did do some minor modifications for safety and usability, like moving the rudders etc so I could fly it (I am very short).

Have not heard how the Gemini 100 engine is going, last we heard it was due in production in April 2011 (2 months ago).

Would you care to share some photos of your RANS?

[ATTACH=full]14294[/ATTACH]

Sue

Why did you remove the spads?

Mine operated as a floatpane, never had issues except for overheating which was overcome by moving the oil cooler, apart from that she was a beauty.

FP

Husband decided not to install the flaps or the spades - he says he didn't need the spades as he was 100kg and strong enough to work the ailerons. We are presently in the hangar moving the oil cooler - where did you move yours to?

David

Empty weight is 293kg, tandem seating, 65 litre fuel in wings. Still trying to work out fuel consumption in cruise - last trip was about 12 litres an hour. Round steel leg under carriage, 172 main wheel tyres (6x6"), room for 6'8" pilot in the front and 6'2" in the rear seat (but now modified for 4'7" back seat driver & navigator). Flies like a beauty and very easy to land.

Sue

FPHusband decided not to install the flaps or the spades - he says he didn't need the spades as he was 100kg and strong enough to work the ailerons. We are presently in the hangar moving the oil cooler - where did you move yours to?

David

Empty weight is 293kg, tandem seating, 65 litre fuel in wings. Still trying to work out fuel consumption in cruise - last trip was about 12 litres an hour. Round steel leg under carriage, 172 main wheel tyres (6x6"), room for 6'8" pilot in the front and 6'2" in the rear seat (but now modified for 4'7" back seat driver & navigator). Flies like a beauty and very easy to land.

Sue

If you look at the picture you'll see front part of cowling has it's own inlet, thats where I put the cooler and it worked a treat. Did you get pictures sent to your pvt address?

1112931380_FloatInspection007.jpg.1ce804126c91b9789f73bbf5099db4e4.jpg

rgs

FP