Just Landed

dlps73

G'day and happy New Year to all.

My New Year's resolution(s) is to get my trike licence, redundancy, buy a trike and find a cheap property where I can have my own airstrip.

Sadly the last two depend on the redundancy but I'm always optimistic.

I flew Robins at Sydney Aerobatic School and did a bit of training in a Drifter at the Oaks a few years ago and have had a few hours in trikes.

Cheers..........Doug

Welcome Doug...

Those resolutions are very sound - and accord with mine, made some time ago! Finally got my trike and own strip. So just keep working on it - and if you need any advice along the way, you will find plenty of people on this forum who can and will help...;)

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris - nice to see it's achievable!Have you got the Tundra setup on your Redback?

Cheers..........Doug

No Tundra setup, Doug, just the standard Redback. But they are quite light, compared with other Airbornes, and the standard wheels are reasonably sized - both in diam. and width..

What trike do you think you will go for?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the welcome Chris!

And Chris (trike) I was thinking of the new Outback on the grounds that it would be better for two-up (not the game) but you're probably better qualified to make that call - I was going for the tundra option to maximise my landing options!

Cheers.......Doug

Doug - I think the Outback Tundra would be a great choice; as you say, lotsa options with the heavier duty config. and big tyres.. It loses a little in speed (extra drag), but getting up there - and down again - safely is more important than a couple of kts..

Good luck with the project, and let us know how your homework progresses..

Cheers

Chris