What endorsements do you have or need?

Guest burbles1

Guest burbles1

I'm gearing up to start my x/c endo, and was wondering what other endo's others have or are aiming for? I don't want my training to finish once I get the x/c. I've thought about possibly doing a taildragger, because that gives you a whole new skill set for takeoff and landing.

It's just that I've read a few posts about RA pilots switching over to do their PPL so that they have a CTA endo - and not many other endo's are talked about. Is a PPL what most RA flyers aim for after their x/c? Does anyone go on to do others like low flying, low power etc. that particular aircraft types could offer?

Guest Qwerty

Hi Burbles, I have all the endorsements that I need to fly how I want to fly. I just get what endorsements I need when I need them. I guess its a matter of finding the type of flying that you like.

Burbles1 your training doesn't finish when you get your endorsement, rather it has just begun. Your instructor has deemed that you are now unlikely to kill yourself or have serious problems when out on your own.

Take the time to hone your new gained skills, experience is gained by "time in the office" not by how many letters after your name on the door - if you get my drift.

regards

What endorsements to do I feel can be broken down into the following in order of priority;

1.Them required to fly the aircraft you own/use...practice!

2.Them required to fly where you want to in Australia...practice!

3.Them that could help your flying or help you live longer...I personally think low level with an instructor with a lot of time there (ie. crop duster) is invaluable...practice frequently WITH a height safty margin! When flying you only die when you hit the ground!

4.Anything else you are interested in!

One of the most valuable things I have found in getting my endorcements (I currently have 13...I fly a range of aircraft) is to select different instructors as you pick up different views and opinions that will help in other aspects of flying. The saying that there are a number of ways to skin a cat is very true: different instructors will give you a greater range of knowledge.