Jimbour (QLD) - Is it still open?

Guest Pabloako

Guest Pabloako

Does anyone know if the cafe and winery at Jimbour (QLD) are still open?

99% of their website says that the airstrip, gardens, winery and cafe are open, but 1% of their website says that they have stoped producing wine and everything has now shut down???:confused: :confused:

Guest Pabloako

I answered my own question in the end and flew out there to have a look. Sadly the resturant/cafe and winery have now closed. The gardens are still open though.

If anyone makes a trip out there... Take your own lunch!

Guest Walter Buschor

What a bummer!

I've just been out there about 6 weeks ago and the restaurant was under new management. It would be a terrible shame if it closed for good. I will ring the house and check if that is the case.

Still worth a trip but it would take the shine of it a little.

fly safe

Walter

In the meantime, you can all fly out to Dalby on the 7th Feb for brekky...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I will give David Russell a call and ask if they are planning to reopen the cafe (even it is only at weekends) They have mothballed their wine production for about 4.5years and will be working on the vines to improve drought resistance (hence the closure of the cellar door). Their main activity is one of a pastoral company and concentating on beef production.