ROTAX 912UL 'On Condition' status

Guest brenstrum

Guest brenstrum

Hi. My 912UL Rotax 80HP does not qualify for the new TBO of 2000hrs, however, I would like to pursue the running 'on condition' avenue. Is there any written data that I can research on this option? I have all of the Service Bulletins for my engine number, so am familiar with the Rotax maintenance requirements. 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif Thank you. Mike.

brenstrum. I see you are in NZ so most of us will not be familiar with your regulations over there. In Australia we can run engines as long as we like in RAAus registered planes, which are not factory built. If a plane is used for training it has to be factory built, or built by the student and I thimk there may be a requirement for level 2 maintainers to do any work on them, so it would be up to the level 2.

Guest Maj Millard

There is no 'on condition" operations allowed under RAA for training or hire, and yes an L2 must conduct or oversee maintenance, on training aircraft. Fine for private ops, the owner or operator can make the decision to continue 'on condition' if he wishes. There are some conditions that are suggested should 'on condition' operation be desired IE: good compression figures, good oil pressure figures, normal oil consumption figures, etc............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif