Around Australia Jabiru Takes Shape.

Nostalgair

Hi All,

I just received the first photo of the 'There and Back' Jabiru from the folks at Jabiru in Bundaberg. It is the aircraft that I'll be flying around Australia to mark the Centenary of Powered Flight in Australia and in the process raise funds for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

The J230D is about to hit the assembly line and I'll be recording its construction closely on the website. ‘There and Back’ Jabiru takes shape! |

Here's the photo.

Cheers

Owen

[ATTACH]9715.vB[/ATTACH]

2069259264_BlogJabiruTaBImage1.JPG.1d5784e70a20d9117142e498bb732bc5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest burbles1

Wow. I have never seen a Jab being constructed - so it's an education to see what's involved. Will you be getting some shots inside the fuselage?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well, the 'There and Back' Jabiru was completed and ready to test fly this week. Unfortunately, the weather intervened and the first flight was not possible as evidenced in the photo from the team at Jabiru.

With the aircraft ready and other aspects of organisation in full swing, the around Australia flight now seems to be just around the corner. The days to May 5th are counting down.

Importantly, please note that we have also just launched our online donation facility for the RFDS. Please consider donating a 'dollar for the Doctor' and assist the RFDS in their great work. http://www.mycause.com.au/mycause/raise_money/fundraise.php?id=4389

Keep checking back for the latest updates at There and Back

Cheers

Owen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The test flying of the Jabiru J230D is underway at Bundaberg and I hope to post some photos here and on the 'There and Back' gallery in the near future.

The departure date of May 5th is looming closer and I can't wait. Check out the route and schedule and come out to say g'day when I'm in your part of the world. The Route |

Also, after only a week, the online donation facility for the Royal Flying Doctor Service had nearly raised $1,000! Thanks to everyone who has chipped in. Every 'Dollar for the Doctor' counts. http://thereandback.com.au/?page_id=56

Thanks again,

Owen