getting it up

tiketyboo

hi

we have spent 3 months getting our 1946 Taylorcraft done up, wings recovered, new struts, new wheel struts, tires, speedo, etc etc, she has a 75 hp connie and goes at 95 mph no problem with the beechman roby adjustable prop. we also have a jk 05 pathmaker for a newer machine with a 912 80 hp unit and she is a goer for sure, jumps of the runway with one aboard.

just finishing my student and going solo so watch out now, will put in some hours if the weather cooperates.

looking forward to getting in some hours, some trips, some friends and some fun.

want to attend a few fly in for sure

tony

Guest rocketdriver
hiwe have spent 3 months getting our 1946 Taylorcraft done up, wings recovered, new struts, new wheel struts, tires, speedo, etc etc, she has a 75 hp connie and goes at 95 mph no problem with the beechman roby adjustable prop. we also have a jk 05 pathmaker for a newer machine with a 912 80 hp unit and she is a goer for sure, jumps of the runway with one aboard.

just finishing my student and going solo so watch out now, will put in some hours if the weather cooperates.

looking forward to getting in some hours, some trips, some friends and some fun.

want to attend a few fly in for sure

tony

Fantastic!! you must have worked like H..L to get that much done so quickly!! Fly safe!!

thanks for all the kind messages, i will look for some more fixing up pictures.

bloody cold here for sure, hard to get in some flying time due to snow, cloud and just down right miserable weather, but spring is around the corner.

tony

Hey Tony

Making the statement that "spring is just around the corner" in Ontario in January is like the sign behind the bar in the pub advertising "Free Beer Tomorrow". You might be able to convince a few of Rec Flying's Antipodean members that ice & snow disappears shortly after New Year's but there are some of us who have survived Canadian winters and subsequently jumped ship for warmer climes and who KNOW that your statement was uttered whilst you were on bended knee saying a beseeching bedside prayer to the warm gods! You could go a couple of hundred miles further north and fly off skiis (but would it be worth it?) Welcome aboard

hohoho, good sense of humour for sure, and my buddy has taken your words to heart and is building a set of skis for his karotoo, and actually we have convinced the airport owner to plow the strip this year, not a lot of snow actually so on good days we can put on long johns, pants, overpants, gloves, mittens, hats, you get the idea and go flying. here we are taking off on the snow.

100_3067.thumb.jpg.1a1a118cb932bfa3e4f2ae04e3f5576b.jpg

Guest rocketdriver
here we are taking off on the snow.

Lovely photo ... just added it to my gallery of wallpaper/screen saver pictures:)