Spare seats around Perth?

Thalass

Hi folks. It's been nearly ten years since I've flown in a light aircraft, and as I would like to get my ultralight ticket eventually it might be nice to have a buzz around with someone, even as a passenger.

So if anyone is looking for some ballast for a flight or something (haha) I would love to come along - barring work commitments, of course. I work shift so quite often I'm unavailable on weekends.

Even just to come along to the airfield when there's something going on would be pretty neat, I think.

Anyway, thanks. :thumb_up:

Hi Thalass,

I don't have my cert yet (4 months time I will) but I fly at Bindoon airfield which is about 1 hours drive out of Perth usually fairly busy on weekends, friendly atmosphere as well! I can't say how busy it gets on week days though, R155 is active by NOTAM now (hardly ever activated) but a lot of people work. I went up there on a Thursday once and I saw about 4 people. But if you do get the weekend off it's worth the drive! This weekend the flying school is only operating on Sunday due to the heat on Saturday.

Regards,

Andrew

Re: Bindoon Airstrip - 10 km thru town on GT Nthn Hwy towards N. Norcia & turn right into Dewars Pool Rd at top of big hill. Strip is abt 3 km along on LH side. Superlite Aircraft Club has monthly flying day on 2nd Sunday ea month and is best time to meet members and maybe cadge some RH, or front, or rear seat time (dependant on who's flying what) but feel free to wander in any weekend and introduce yourself. Cheers