Thank you Brent ... who ever you are!!

Guest rocketdriver

Guest rocketdriver

Pilots are the BEST people .. .always said so, and had it proved to me yet again today .....

After an enforced LOOOOONG layoff from active aviation:sad:, my finances and brownie point position has finally come good:thumb_up:, leading me to wander down to Tooradin and enquire about a TIF to see if the 1.urge was still there and 2.to see how much ability (if any)was left. So I booked for next Sunday ...

To make the TIF more valuable, I asked and was granted permission to sit in one of the school's Jabs to familiarise myself a bit with an aircraft I have never flown before .... after a while Brent came over and offered me a RH seat in his own aircraft as he wanted to go for a fly ...... Fantastic and many thanks Brent!!!018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

For anybody interested, I could remember what to do, but couldn't always achieve it with the precision I wanted to. (Ruf as bags actually). I couldn't quite keep up with the radio calls ... too focussed on flying the aircraft! 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif ... but after some upper air handling and a stall or two, did successfully fly a cross wind circuit with appropriate coaching down to close in.

So the answers to my 2 self questions above are, in order, "It is:), and not as much as I would like"051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif!

Can't wait 'till Sunday!! .. silly isn't it after all these years!!

G’day Rocketdriver,

Nice to hear a positive story … I’ve known Brent for a couple of years and he is always ready to promote flying and help out anyone in need. Glad you enjoyed your fly with him … I sure you will enjoy the guys down at the Tooradin Flying School too... welcome back to the big blue.

Cheers

Jack

Guest markfnkl

As an American sport pilot I can say that Brent was extremely helpful, responsive and supportive with excellent advice and encouragement throughout my instruction.

PS: I learned to fly in a Flight Design CT but bought a Jabiru J230 in August. Still not quite checked out in but looking forward to that. My sense is that it will make a better cross-country machine than the CT. Doesn't climb quite as aggressively though, and I'm still having some issues with swerving on t/o and landings.

Guest rocketdriver
and I'm still having some issues with swerving on t/o and landings.

Brent advised me that the trick was a bit of bacK stick to get some weight off the nosewheel ... can't say myself as I have not done enough in the aircraft to say ...

and I'm still having some issues with swerving on t/o and landings.

Yep, power on slowly but firmly and get that front wheel off asap... front wheels are a pain in the neck to stay straight with...! It will tend to follow any contours or what ever...

Well that is what I've noticed anyrate.

Guest rocketdriver

Thanks for the thought Black Rod. I suppose I was just using the term TIF as I have GA and RAA licences and the "trial" part is to see if I want to get back into it seriously .... As I am booked with the CFI I believe, I guess I'll find the answers to lots of questions on Sunday!!