KievProps

hihosland

The metal leading edge on my KievProp is starting to separate from the blade. At the hub end there is about 1mm movement.

Has anyone experienced this and what action did they take.?

Any and all experience and comments on KievProps greatly appreciated.

My prop is 6 yrs and 530 hours old with several hundred gravel/grass cycles.

Many thanks

Davidh

Guest Maj Millard

Is it the same as on the Foxbat A-22. I've been told they only have a 500 hour replacement life ? Don't know for sure if that's correct or not but somebody might.

Hi David.

The Major is correct. Quote from the information that came with my KievProp." The propeller blades have a nominal life of 4 years, irrespective of the number of hours flown. There are KievProps with over 1,500 hours on them, and still in excellent condition. After 4 years you should ideally replace the blades- however, if you have less than 400 hours on the prop, and the blades are free of any significant damage,it is acceptable to use the prop for a further year or up to 500 hours, which ever occures first."

Sadly it seems that the time has come for your prop, I don't know if there is still an agent in Australia but they are available is the US.

Regards

Greg

Greetings Greg,

The props are available from the USA.

As far as I can determine the 4 year restriction is only ever mentioned in Australia and does not seem to apply anywhere else.

Unless one is doing much higher hours per year than most private owners the cost per hour of the propeller becomes significant if replaced every 4 years.

best of wishes

Davidh