Rotax 914 fuel injected 130 hp

dazza 38

Hi all, after checking out the dallair a/c, from djp's, post in (aerobatic A/C). I was looking at the specs, apparently, it will be powered by a fuel injected, 914 punching out 130 hp.Question- does anybody no about this, is the engine modified to get 130 hp, with the fuel injection etc. Or is this a new rotax 914 model ? Thank you :big_grin:

Guest Maj Millard

Dazza, There are a couple of aftermarket fuel-injection conversions now marketed for the 912s. One I believe in the States, and at least one from Europe. I don't expect Rotax has put their seal of approval on them, but they could be fine. When I first saw the Italian one I Emailed them and wanted a dealership here in Australia. It is used with the current carbs in place, and supliments them as required.

Some of the latest Quads by Bombadere have fuel injected Rotax engines in them. I hope if they do bring a Rotax version out, that it is a whole lot simpler, and less complicated than the 914 Turbo system.

I believe the FIRST thing an aero engine should be is reliable, period. The more complicated, the less reliable in my experience. You can't always just pull over to the side of the road in a plane........................................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Thanks Major, my partners, son , is looking at buying a sea-doo RXP, its 215 hp super charged 4-stroke. The stainless steal, seal in the super charger has to replaced every 70 hrs i think.Its from what told, is about $600 to replace.Apparently the shops here replace the seal with a ceramic one which lasts 100 hrs. (I might have it back to front, with the seals one replacing the other).Any way back to topic, Bombardier, build, alot of different type engines, it would be interesting/nice if some of there snow-ski, personal water craft technology came over to the aircraft side. After extensive testing?.

Guest Maj Millard

The original Rotax aero engines did come directly from Snowmobile technology via Kodiak Research in Canada. The are now based down in the Bahamas somewhere. The main Rotax help site (ROAN) is still managed by them I believe......................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif