Dead EGT

Hi All:

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. After a flight in which I ended up in a bit of rain and then leaving the trikw in the rain for a little while until it cleared, my left EGT reading dropped out and is still out several weeks later. It now reads 000. I am yet to confirm that it is the sender rather than the sensor but will test this soon. The other EGT is fine and all else is fine too. Have ended up in light rain a few other times without any problems.

Bluey.

Bluey:

Have a really close look at the wires coming out of the sender box to see if one has broken. It might not have to do with the rain. I had a problem with my fuel flow readings and the wire was broken where it entered the crimped on, end. It wasn't apparent until I tugged at it a little because the end of the wire was up in the flared end of the crimp, but because it was broken there was no electrical connection.

BTW, I've assumed you're talking about a trike with the Skydat panel.

Hi All:Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. After a flight in which I ended up in a bit of rain and then leaving the trikw in the rain for a little while until it cleared, my left EGT reading dropped out and is still out several weeks later. It now reads 000. I am yet to confirm that it is the sender rather than the sensor but will test this soon. The other EGT is fine and all else is fine too. Have ended up in light rain a few other times without any problems.

Bluey.

Hi Bluey,

Swap your EGT contacts (left for right) You will then know if it is the thermocouple or the instrument. Give me a call if you are not sure what to do.